WIB workgroup PLS: Plant Security
What we do: Create an environment where manufacturing end user can (learn) share concerns, challenges and successes related to cybersecurity in a manufacturing environment.
So they can;
- Mitigate threats to industrial automation, measurement & control equipment and systems created by Cyber Security risks.
- Allow the WIB members to speak with one voice to the industrial automation Vendors to allow them to improve their products and services.
- Leverage guidance papers generated by the team within their own organization.
What we don’t do: Share prices, discuss vendors and talk about intellectual property.
Keywords: Cybersecurity, IEC 62443, ISA99, ISA95
Action: The team is currently working on creating guidance on the following topics;
• The use of IEC 62443.2-4 (Vendor requirements).
• Remote support
• Backup & restore
• The use honeypots
• Cybersecurity vs Human behavior
• Micro segmentation (Zoning)
Some examples of what has been address in the past;
• Guidance on deploying cloud solutions in the operation technology space.
• Initial Cyber risk determination for engineering - and maintenance personnel.
• Guidance on how to comply/ prepare to data privacy legislation.
• A framework to achieve a resilient system architecture.
• Security implications when exchanging data with OT systems
• Guidelines on how you setup a remote support connection.
• How to install/maintain industrial firewalls.